Posts for tag: Dentures
How dentures from your dentists in North Haven, CT, can give you back your smile
If you are missing teeth, you are probably having trouble chewing your food. You may have stopped smiling because of lost teeth. A denture can give you back your smile and your ability to enjoy the foods you love. Did you know there is more than one type of denture? It’s true, and Drs. Joseph and Theodore Gargano at Gargano Family Dentistry in North Haven, CT, can help you discover which denture is right for you.
It’s important to have a denture that fits well and is comfortable. You also want a denture that looks natural, so you are confident when you wear it. Today’s dentures are made to fit well, out of materials that closely resemble your natural teeth and gums. Your dentists at Gargano Family Dentistry can help you decide on which denture would be best for you. Consider:
- An immediate denture, which is placed immediately after your teeth are removed; immediate dentures have the advantage of you receiving a beautiful, functioning smile as soon as possible. A more permanent, conventional denture is made after your tissue has healed completely.
- A conventional denture, which is placed after your tissue has healed completely, usually around 6 to 8 weeks; this is a great choice for people who only want to get used to wearing one denture.
- An overdenture, which is made to fit over dental implants or existing tooth roots; an overdenture provides strong support, enhanced stability, and helps to maintain the bone in your jaw.
If you only want to replace a few teeth and not an entire arch, a partial denture is the right choice for you. Consider:
- A transitional partial denture, which provides temporary tooth replacement if you are waiting to have dental implants; these partials are a relatively inexpensive solution to tooth replacement while your tissue heals.
- A conventional partial denture, which is a sturdy, durable option if you are not planning on having dental implants later on; these partials are delivered after your tissue has healed completely.
Choosing the right denture is a decision you shouldn’t make alone. Fortunately, the experts are just a phone call away. To find out more about denture options, call Drs. Joseph and Theodore Gargano at Gargano Family Dentistry in North Haven, CT, today!
Dentures can restore your smile by replacing several missing teeth. Dentures can replace an entire row of missing teeth or only some teeth along an arch when there are still natural teeth remaining. Several different types of dentures are available. A dentist can recommend the right type of denture for you. At Gargano Family Dentistry, Dr. Joseph Gargano and Dr. Theodore Gargano are your North Haven, CT dentists for dentures.
What are the Benefits of Dentures?
Dentures provide multiple benefits. They fill in the gaps where teeth are missing and restore your smile. They can also restore the natural contours of your face by providing support for drooping or sagging facial muscles. Dentures can improve speech by correcting tongue placement when speaking, which can be altered when several gaps exist from missing teeth.
What is the Difference Between Partial and Full Dentures?
There are two main types of dentures — partial and full. Full dentures are also called complete dentures and replace a full arch of missing teeth. Partial dentures are used when some natural teeth still remain. Your North Haven dentist can recommend the right type of dentures for you.
Are There Different Types of Partial Dentures?
Two types of partial dentures are transitional and removable. Transitional dentures are only worn temporarily while waiting for the gums to heal following tooth extraction with the goal of placing dental implants at a later date. Partial dentures that are removable are meant to be worn more long-term.
Are There Different Types of Full Dentures?
Two types of full dentures are conventional and immediate. Conventional dentures are custom made for each individual patient and are worn long-term. Immediate dentures are worn temporarily before a patient is fitted for custom conventional dentures. Immediate dentures are worn following the extraction of any remaining natural teeth to give the gums time to heal before creating custom conventional dentures.
What is an Implant-Supported Overdenture?
Implant-supported overdentures are another denture option that is beneficial when there are no teeth left in the jaw bone to adequately support a denture. Implant-supported overdentures are held firmly in place by dental implants so there is no need to use dental adhesives, as is the case with other types of dentures.
There are different types of dentures available for giving you a complete smile. To learn more about how dentures can restore your smile, schedule an appointment with Dr. Joseph or Theodore Gargano, your North Haven, CT dentists, by calling Gargano Family Dentistry at (203) 239-2356 for the Elm Street location or at (203) 239-3985 for the St. John Street location.