As you age, there is a chance that you may end up needing dentures to repair your smile. Luckily, you have many different options when it comes to restoring your smile. Dr. Joseph Gargano, Dr. Theodore Gargano, and Dr. Melissa Volpe Merwin at Gargano Family Dentistry in North Haven, CT, are here to help inform you about your options when it comes to dentures and your smile.
Types of Dentures
When it comes to dentures, it depends on how many teeth need to be replaced, but you will either be getting full or partial dentures.
There are a few different types of full dentures from your North Haven, CT, dentist to choose from, and those include:
- Immediate Dentures- This type of denture is usually used as a transition piece to help you get used to wearing dentures.
- Conventional Full Dentures- Once your mouth heals, you’ll need permanent dentures to fill in your smile and look natural and realistic. These dentures conform to your mouth and will be custom-made to give you the smile you deserve. These can also be removed at night before you go to bed.
- Implant-Supported Overdentures- The stability of these dentures is increased by having titanium posts that are implanted into the gums. Then, the denture is applied to the implants and is locked into place. These are not removable and are designed to look natural and no one will ever know you have dentures at all.
When you’re only missing sections of your teeth, you will need partial dentures. The forms of partial dentures are:
- Transitional Partial Dentures- These are temporary tooth replacement options to use until your custom partial dentures come in.
- Removable Partial Dentures- These are custom fit to your mouth to look natural and fill in any large gaps in your smile.
Contact Your Dentist Today!
If you’re unsure of what type of denture is best for you, it’s time to contact Dr. Joseph Gargano, Dr. Theodore Gargano, and Dr. Melissa Volpe Merwin at Gargano Family Dentistry in North Haven, CT, to learn more about dentures and what option will work for you! Call (203) 239-2356 today!