Posts for tag: veneers
When you have a smile that you can be proud of, it makes you feel more relaxed and comfortable when socializing and handling your professional affairs. It’s worth your while to explore cosmetic dentistry with Dr. Joseph Gargano and Dr. Theodore Gargano. A number of helpful treatments, some that only require one visit, are available at Gargano Family Dentistry in North Haven, CT.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
It’s very likely that your North Haven, CT, dentist will have more than one cosmetic option to offer you that will give you your smile back. Here are a few of the most common procedures:
- Dental bonding, to reshape the tooth and fill in small gaps.
- Tooth-colored fillings, to ensure that when you talk or laugh, dark spots caused by cavities aren’t visible.
- Tooth whitening, for extrinsic dental staining.
- Veneers and crowns, to rebuild and reinforce weak or unattractive teeth.
- Orthodontics, including “invisible” braces that you can remove to eat or converse.
How Cosmetic Dentistry Helps You
Living day-to-day with an unsightly smile can have a wide range of repercussions for a patient, including loss of self-confidence in your appearance and social anxiety. It can also affect how much effort you put into caring for your teeth and keeping up with regular dental visits. When you glance at your smile in the mirror or when taking a photo, you should feel happy about how it looks and do everything possible to keep it looking beautiful.
A Beautiful Smile is a Healthy Smile
The more you love your smile, the more you’ll take the necessary steps to preserve it and keep it in tip top shape. Here are a few ways you can ensure that your smile stays brilliant, white, clean, and healthy for a long time:
- Make a routine out of brushing and flossing—once in the morning, once at night, and after meals.
- Watch your teeth closely for signs of plaque or tartar buildup—have it removed promptly by your North Haven, CT, dentist at your next cleaning.
- Avoid biting into dark-colored, acidic foods and beverages as much as possible or rinse soon after eating—they can cause staining and enamel erosion.
Get Your Smile Back
No matter how imperfect your smile may be, Dr. Joseph Gargano and Dr. Theodore Gargano at Gargano Family Dentistry in North Haven, CT, can help. Schedule a date and time to visit, by calling (203) 239-2356 or (203) 239-0678 today!
Is it time you turned to cosmetic dentistry to get the smile you deserve?
It’s amazing how much our smiles can affect our appearance and our self-esteem. If you feel awkward or embarrassed to smile in public because your smile isn’t as attractive as you would like it to be, our North Haven, CT, cosmetic dentists Dr. Joseph Gargano and Dr. Theodore Gargano are here to help instill confidence in your smile thanks to cosmetic dentistry.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to any dental procedure that changes the overall look of your teeth or gums, whether that means altering the color, shape or size. It’s important to distinguish the difference between cosmetic and restorative dentistry. While sometimes cosmetic and restorative dentistry can share similar traits, restorative dentistry is designed to repair a smile to strengthen weak teeth and improve chewing and speaking while cosmetic dentistry is used to improve your smile’s aesthetics.
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
There are many reasons people choose to get cosmetic dentistry in North Haven, CT. Some benefits include:
- Improved appearance
- Increased self-esteem
- Looking younger
- Preventing future damage or problems
Is cosmetic dentistry right for you?
It could be! After all, most people are born with the perfect smiles. You may choose to get cosmetic dentistry from our North Haven, CT, dentists if you are dealing with any of these issues:
- Gaps between teeth
- Misshapen or malformed teeth
- Missing teeth
- Crookedness or crowding
- Uneven gum line
- Gummy smiles
- Yellowing and other discolorations
What types of cosmetic dentistry are available?
Some dental problems may only require minor cosmetic treatments while others may need full makeovers. The most popular types of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Dental bonding: A simple, non-invasive way to cover small imperfections such as chips, cracks, stains and small gaps between teeth.
- Tooth/gum reshaping: To improve the shape of a pointy or jagged tooth; also good for improving the symmetry of an uneven gum line.
- Teeth whitening: In-office whitening can erase yellow stains and get smiles several shades whiter in less than one hour. At-home professional whitening is also available.
- Dental veneers: These thin tooth-shaped shells are bonded to the front of teeth to cover more moderate-to-severe cosmetic imperfections.
- Dental implants: The closest you come to natural teeth, a dental implant replaces the tooth roots and provides you with a lifelong restoration to replace one or more teeth.
If you think cosmetic dentistry is the answer to your smile issues then it’s time to schedule a consultation with us to find out which treatment option will meet your specific needs. Call Gargano Family Dentistry today! We offer two offices in North Haven, CT, to serve you better.
What's an actor's most important feature? According to Vivica A. Fox, whose most recent big-screen role was in Independence Day: Resurgence, it's what you see right up front.
"On screen, your smile and your eyes are the most inviting things that bring the audience in" she said. "Especially if you play the hot chick."
But like lots of people, Vivica reached a point where she felt her smile needed a little help in order to look its best. That's when she turned to a popular cosmetic dental treatment.
"I got veneers years ago," Ms. Fox told Dear Doctor magazine in a recent interview, "just because I had some gapping that probably only I noticed."
What exactly are dental veneers? Essentially, they are thin shells of lustrous porcelain that are permanently attached to the front surfaces of the teeth. Tough, lifelike and stain-resistant, they can cover up a number of defects in your smile — including stains, chips, cracks, and even minor spacing irregularities like the ones Vivica had.
Veneers have become the treatment of choice for Hollywood celebs — and lots of regular folks too — for many reasons. Unlike some treatments that can take many months, it takes just a few appointments to have veneers placed on your teeth. Because they are custom made just for you, they allow you to decide how bright you want your smile to be: anywhere from a natural pearly hue to a brilliant "Hollywood white." Best of all, they are easy to maintain, and can last for many years with only routine care.
To place traditional veneers, it's necessary to prepare the tooth by removing a small amount (a millimeter or two) of its enamel surface. This keeps it from feeling too big — but it also means the treatment can't be reversed, so once you get veneers, you'll always have them. In certain situations, "no-prep" or minimal-prep veneers, which require little or no removal of tooth enamel, may be an option for some people.
Veneers aren't the only way to create a better smile: Teeth whitening, crowns or orthodontic work may also be an alternative. But for many, veneers are the preferred option. What does Vivica think of hers?
"I love my veneers!" she declared, noting that they have held up well for over a decade.