Dental Tips from our Office
Posts for tag: Reopening
May 13, 2020
Category: Health and Wellness
When it comes to infection control, the dental profession has always been at the forefront of protecting its workers and patients from the spread of disease. As we prepare to re-open our office to elective dental procedures during the Covid-19 pandemic, it is important for us to share with you the changes you can expect to see in our office operations. The following changes have been recommended by the American Dental Association & the CDC.
Before Your Appointment
- You may be asked to stay in your car until your treatment room is ready. We will call you to come into the office at that time. Only patients will be allowed into the treatment rooms unless you are handicapped and a companion is necessary.
- Our office will communicate with you before entering the treatment room to ask some screening questions, these questions will help our professionals determine whether or not it is safe for you to receive dental care.
- These questions may be answered over a phone call to our office, or you can fill out the “COVID-19 Patient Screening” form available here before your appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean that you’re offered fewer options when scheduling an appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients in order to reduce waiting times for you.
- We will allow one parent or caregiver to accompany a child. If possible, please leave siblings at home.
During Your Visit
- Upon arrival you will notice that we have installed a clear barrier between the receptionist and the reception area.
- When you arrive, you will be asked the same set of screening questions that you were asked over the phone or through our website on this page under “COVID-19 Patient Screening” form.
- Please wear your own personal mask to your appointment.
- Upon arrival, we will record your temperature using a touch-less forehead thermometer. If an elevated temperature is recorded, we will ask that you re-schedule your appointment and contact your physician.
- We will have hand-sanitizer available to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room no longer offers magazines since they are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Our doctors and staff will not be shaking hands or making physical contact between each other or patients. PPE that they may be wearing might include goggles, a face shield, and a disposable clothing cover in addition to the masks and gloves that are routinely used for each visit.
After Your Visit
- Our staff will remind you to report any signs or symptoms of Covid-19 within the next 14 days.
We at Gargano Family Dentistry are committed to providing the safest environment possible to protect you, your family and our staff. Please call our office at 203-239-2356 if you have any questions or concerns about resuming routine dental care.