Is it time you turned to cosmetic dentistry to get the smile you deserve?
It’s amazing how much our smiles can affect our appearance and our self-esteem. If you feel awkward or embarrassed to smile in public because your smile isn’t as attractive as you would like it to be, our North Haven, CT, cosmetic dentists Dr. Joseph Gargano and Dr. Theodore Gargano are here to help instill confidence in your smile thanks to cosmetic dentistry.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to any dental procedure that changes the overall look of your teeth or gums, whether that means altering the color, shape or size. It’s important to distinguish the difference between cosmetic and restorative dentistry. While sometimes cosmetic and restorative dentistry can share similar traits, restorative dentistry is designed to repair a smile to strengthen weak teeth and improve chewing and speaking while cosmetic dentistry is used to improve your smile’s aesthetics.
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
There are many reasons people choose to get cosmetic dentistry in North Haven, CT. Some benefits include:
- Improved appearance
- Increased self-esteem
- Looking younger
- Preventing future damage or problems
Is cosmetic dentistry right for you?
It could be! After all, most people are born with the perfect smiles. You may choose to get cosmetic dentistry from our North Haven, CT, dentists if you are dealing with any of these issues:
- Gaps between teeth
- Misshapen or malformed teeth
- Missing teeth
- Crookedness or crowding
- Uneven gum line
- Gummy smiles
- Yellowing and other discolorations
What types of cosmetic dentistry are available?
Some dental problems may only require minor cosmetic treatments while others may need full makeovers. The most popular types of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Dental bonding: A simple, non-invasive way to cover small imperfections such as chips, cracks, stains and small gaps between teeth.
- Tooth/gum reshaping: To improve the shape of a pointy or jagged tooth; also good for improving the symmetry of an uneven gum line.
- Teeth whitening: In-office whitening can erase yellow stains and get smiles several shades whiter in less than one hour. At-home professional whitening is also available.
- Dental veneers: These thin tooth-shaped shells are bonded to the front of teeth to cover more moderate-to-severe cosmetic imperfections.
- Dental implants: The closest you come to natural teeth, a dental implant replaces the tooth roots and provides you with a lifelong restoration to replace one or more teeth.
If you think cosmetic dentistry is the answer to your smile issues then it’s time to schedule a consultation with us to find out which treatment option will meet your specific needs. Call Gargano Family Dentistry today! We offer two offices in North Haven, CT, to serve you better.