Posts for: December, 2018
How dentures from your dentists in North Haven, CT, can give you back your smile
If you are missing teeth, you are probably having trouble chewing your food. You may have stopped smiling because of lost teeth. A denture can give you back your smile and your ability to enjoy the foods you love. Did you know there is more than one type of denture? It’s true, and Drs. Joseph and Theodore Gargano at Gargano Family Dentistry in North Haven, CT, can help you discover which denture is right for you.
It’s important to have a denture that fits well and is comfortable. You also want a denture that looks natural, so you are confident when you wear it. Today’s dentures are made to fit well, out of materials that closely resemble your natural teeth and gums. Your dentists at Gargano Family Dentistry can help you decide on which denture would be best for you. Consider:
- An immediate denture, which is placed immediately after your teeth are removed; immediate dentures have the advantage of you receiving a beautiful, functioning smile as soon as possible. A more permanent, conventional denture is made after your tissue has healed completely.
- A conventional denture, which is placed after your tissue has healed completely, usually around 6 to 8 weeks; this is a great choice for people who only want to get used to wearing one denture.
- An overdenture, which is made to fit over dental implants or existing tooth roots; an overdenture provides strong support, enhanced stability, and helps to maintain the bone in your jaw.
If you only want to replace a few teeth and not an entire arch, a partial denture is the right choice for you. Consider:
- A transitional partial denture, which provides temporary tooth replacement if you are waiting to have dental implants; these partials are a relatively inexpensive solution to tooth replacement while your tissue heals.
- A conventional partial denture, which is a sturdy, durable option if you are not planning on having dental implants later on; these partials are delivered after your tissue has healed completely.
Choosing the right denture is a decision you shouldn’t make alone. Fortunately, the experts are just a phone call away. To find out more about denture options, call Drs. Joseph and Theodore Gargano at Gargano Family Dentistry in North Haven, CT, today!