Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
When you have a smile that you can be proud of, it makes you feel more relaxed and comfortable when socializing and handling your professional affairs. It’s worth your while to explore cosmetic dentistry with Dr. Joseph Gargano and Dr. Theodore Gargano. A number of helpful treatments, some that only require one visit, are available at Gargano Family Dentistry in North Haven, CT.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
It’s very likely that your North Haven, CT, dentist will have more than one cosmetic option to offer you that will give you your smile back. Here are a few of the most common procedures:
- Dental bonding, to reshape the tooth and fill in small gaps.
- Tooth-colored fillings, to ensure that when you talk or laugh, dark spots caused by cavities aren’t visible.
- Tooth whitening, for extrinsic dental staining.
- Veneers and crowns, to rebuild and reinforce weak or unattractive teeth.
- Orthodontics, including “invisible” braces that you can remove to eat or converse.
How Cosmetic Dentistry Helps You
Living day-to-day with an unsightly smile can have a wide range of repercussions for a patient, including loss of self-confidence in your appearance and social anxiety. It can also affect how much effort you put into caring for your teeth and keeping up with regular dental visits. When you glance at your smile in the mirror or when taking a photo, you should feel happy about how it looks and do everything possible to keep it looking beautiful.
A Beautiful Smile is a Healthy Smile
The more you love your smile, the more you’ll take the necessary steps to preserve it and keep it in tip top shape. Here are a few ways you can ensure that your smile stays brilliant, white, clean, and healthy for a long time:
- Make a routine out of brushing and flossing—once in the morning, once at night, and after meals.
- Watch your teeth closely for signs of plaque or tartar buildup—have it removed promptly by your North Haven, CT, dentist at your next cleaning.
- Avoid biting into dark-colored, acidic foods and beverages as much as possible or rinse soon after eating—they can cause staining and enamel erosion.
Get Your Smile Back
No matter how imperfect your smile may be, Dr. Joseph Gargano and Dr. Theodore Gargano at Gargano Family Dentistry in North Haven, CT, can help. Schedule a date and time to visit, by calling (203) 239-2356 or (203) 239-0678 today!
How dentures from your dentists in North Haven, CT, can give you back your smile
If you are missing teeth, you are probably having trouble chewing your food. You may have stopped smiling because of lost teeth. A denture can give you back your smile and your ability to enjoy the foods you love. Did you know there is more than one type of denture? It’s true, and Drs. Joseph and Theodore Gargano at Gargano Family Dentistry in North Haven, CT, can help you discover which denture is right for you.
It’s important to have a denture that fits well and is comfortable. You also want a denture that looks natural, so you are confident when you wear it. Today’s dentures are made to fit well, out of materials that closely resemble your natural teeth and gums. Your dentists at Gargano Family Dentistry can help you decide on which denture would be best for you. Consider:
- An immediate denture, which is placed immediately after your teeth are removed; immediate dentures have the advantage of you receiving a beautiful, functioning smile as soon as possible. A more permanent, conventional denture is made after your tissue has healed completely.
- A conventional denture, which is placed after your tissue has healed completely, usually around 6 to 8 weeks; this is a great choice for people who only want to get used to wearing one denture.
- An overdenture, which is made to fit over dental implants or existing tooth roots; an overdenture provides strong support, enhanced stability, and helps to maintain the bone in your jaw.
If you only want to replace a few teeth and not an entire arch, a partial denture is the right choice for you. Consider:
- A transitional partial denture, which provides temporary tooth replacement if you are waiting to have dental implants; these partials are a relatively inexpensive solution to tooth replacement while your tissue heals.
- A conventional partial denture, which is a sturdy, durable option if you are not planning on having dental implants later on; these partials are delivered after your tissue has healed completely.
Choosing the right denture is a decision you shouldn’t make alone. Fortunately, the experts are just a phone call away. To find out more about denture options, call Drs. Joseph and Theodore Gargano at Gargano Family Dentistry in North Haven, CT, today!
Is it time you turned to cosmetic dentistry to get the smile you deserve?
It’s amazing how much our smiles can affect our appearance and our self-esteem. If you feel awkward or embarrassed to smile in public because your smile isn’t as attractive as you would like it to be, our North Haven, CT, cosmetic dentists Dr. Joseph Gargano and Dr. Theodore Gargano are here to help instill confidence in your smile thanks to cosmetic dentistry.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to any dental procedure that changes the overall look of your teeth or gums, whether that means altering the color, shape or size. It’s important to distinguish the difference between cosmetic and restorative dentistry. While sometimes cosmetic and restorative dentistry can share similar traits, restorative dentistry is designed to repair a smile to strengthen weak teeth and improve chewing and speaking while cosmetic dentistry is used to improve your smile’s aesthetics.
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
There are many reasons people choose to get cosmetic dentistry in North Haven, CT. Some benefits include:
- Improved appearance
- Increased self-esteem
- Looking younger
- Preventing future damage or problems
Is cosmetic dentistry right for you?
It could be! After all, most people are born with the perfect smiles. You may choose to get cosmetic dentistry from our North Haven, CT, dentists if you are dealing with any of these issues:
- Gaps between teeth
- Misshapen or malformed teeth
- Missing teeth
- Crookedness or crowding
- Uneven gum line
- Gummy smiles
- Yellowing and other discolorations
What types of cosmetic dentistry are available?
Some dental problems may only require minor cosmetic treatments while others may need full makeovers. The most popular types of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Dental bonding: A simple, non-invasive way to cover small imperfections such as chips, cracks, stains and small gaps between teeth.
- Tooth/gum reshaping: To improve the shape of a pointy or jagged tooth; also good for improving the symmetry of an uneven gum line.
- Teeth whitening: In-office whitening can erase yellow stains and get smiles several shades whiter in less than one hour. At-home professional whitening is also available.
- Dental veneers: These thin tooth-shaped shells are bonded to the front of teeth to cover more moderate-to-severe cosmetic imperfections.
- Dental implants: The closest you come to natural teeth, a dental implant replaces the tooth roots and provides you with a lifelong restoration to replace one or more teeth.
If you think cosmetic dentistry is the answer to your smile issues then it’s time to schedule a consultation with us to find out which treatment option will meet your specific needs. Call Gargano Family Dentistry today! We offer two offices in North Haven, CT, to serve you better.
Getting your teeth whitened professionally can be a life-changing experience. Whiter teeth are associated with youth, health, vitality and even your level of professionalism in the workplace. Your dentist have the ability to improve the appearance of your teeth by up to eight shades in one short visit. Explore the following FAQs about teeth whitening so that you can decide if this cosmetic treatment is right for you.
Why is Professional Teeth Whitening the Best Option?
Over the counter whitening products are convenient but problematic for a number of reasons. For one, they take a long time to show results (sometimes weeks or months), if they ever do. Whitening kits that come with trays are ill-fitting and uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time. When you have your teeth whitened professionally, the treatment is finished within one day, in one appointment. There’s no need to disrupt your schedule by wearing a tray every day and little to no concerns about irritation of the gums since the procedure will be handled by a skilled dentist.
Who Is a Candidate?
Any patient with generally good dental health may be a candidate for professional teeth whitening. Keep in mind that some patients aren’t eligible for this treatment because they have stains that can’t be cleared with whitening gels. This is the case when the stain is “intrinsic,” which means the discoloration is at the inner layer of the tooth. You dentist can tell you if your teeth can be successfully whitened at your initial consultation.
What Will Happen at the Whitening Appointment?
Set aside at least an hour of your time for your teeth whitening appointment. You’ll sit back in your chair as the dentist inserts a device to keep your lips separate from your teeth then applies the gel. You’ll wait for anywhere between 60-90 minutes until the whitening effect has set in. Many patients choose to have this treatment performed on a lunch hour.
How Long Will the Teeth Stay White?
You can expect to enjoy your new whiter smile for about one to two years or longer. The length of time your smile will last depends on you and your dental habits. If you go back to eating the same foods and drinking the same beverages that stained your teeth in the past, the problem is likely to return more quickly. Use a straw, brush regularly and see your dentist for cleanings twice per year.
Contact Your Dentist
You will be happy with the way that your smile looks after going to your dentist for a teeth whitening treatment. If you have more questions, call for an appointment today.